TVNweather.com | Tornado Chasers

A Quiet Start to the Storm Season

I was reading a blog by Dr. Jeff Masters and read some information there that I would like to share with everyone. It’s early into the storm season, yet there have only been 28 preliminary tornado reports since January 1st to March 9th. The average of 2000-2014 reports are 95 at this time of year. What is more, there has not been any severe thunderstorm reports or watches this year. To drive the point home, this is the latest NOAA has gone without making a single severe thunderstorm watch or warning since the records began back in 1970.The upper-level trough over Hudson Bay keeps pushing storms and unstable air masses off to the east before they can develop. According to the information, it seems when this trough begins to move position into a more favorable one, the real storm season will begin!

I moved a post to an existing topic: The 2015 TORNADO DROUGHT!

@AceCritical I hope you don’t mind but I merged your post into similar post Reed made after yours. I don’t think Reed saw yours or he would have added to it and I imagine most of the eyeballs would be on the other post so you wouldn’t mind.

@seth No worries man. I made that write up early in the morning on my phone. I am happy Reed made a more comprehensive blog on it so we can get a better understanding of where we stand as chasers. I’m looking forward to surprises this year!