| Tornado Chasers

Can storm chasers and SKYWARN Members get FAA drone 333 exception?


Has anyone gotten an exemption using the 333 for drones via storm chasing? I am thinking we would have an excellent reason


You CAN apply for a commercial UAV license. You must be able to prove you are a business and hold an EIN and State and Municipal Sales Tax License. and pass a written and an FAA checkflight. The UAV must be equipped with a radar transponder unit and the pilot must have a 2 way communications radio for aircraft in their area that exceeds 25 watts.
Oh… day flying onl. If it is dark enough to turn on tower lights of cell towers and radio and TV. You are not allowed to fly… There are many more regulations.